Marriage and Marriage Prep
Marriage Prep Program
As part of the preparation for the sacrament of Holy Matrimony, the Church requires all couples to participate in a program that helps prepare them for a life-long commitment to each other.
The Paulist Center offers our program monthly throughout the year. Among the topics addressed during the day-long seminar are marital communication, sexuality and intimacy issues, the sacramental theology and the rite of Holy Matrimony, children and conflict resolution. Married couples from the Paulist Center community and a Paulist priest lead the various sessions, with the day concluding with celebration of Mass.
- Register by calling the Paulist Center at 617-742-4460 and speak to our receptionist. About 45 to 50 couples sign up per month, so please register ASAP.
- After registering, pay the $175 fee, which can be done online here.
On the form, please enter your name, your fiance’s name and the date of the Marriage Prep session you are registered for in the field that asks if the donation is “In memory or in honor of” someone.
- September 9, 2017
- October 14, 2017
- November 11, 2017
- December 9, 2017
Other Marriage Requirements
The program at the Paulist Center is just one of the steps required for marriage in the Catholic Church. Others include:
- The couple must meet with a clergy person (priest or deacon) or staff member at their current parish to complete the PNI (pre-nuptial interrogatory) form. You’ll be assisted with additional forms and requirements.
- If the wedding is to be celebrated outside their current parish, they must get permission from their current pastor and confirm the availability of the church where they’d like to be married.
- If either person has been married before (in a Catholic ceremony or not), an annulment may be required.
If you have any questions about our program or preparation for marriage in general you may contact Fr. Rick Walsh, CSP.