Marriage and Marriage Prep
Marriage Prep Program
As part of the preparation for the sacrament of Holy Matrimony, the Archdiocese of Boston requires all couples to participate in Transformed in Love, the only approved program in the Archdiocese.
The Paulist Center offers this program monthly throughout the year. The seminar begins on a Friday evening and runs from 6:00-9:00pm and continues the following day from 9:00am-6:00pm concluding with the Saturday vigil Mass. Among the topics addressed are marital communication, sexuality and intimacy issues, the sacramental theology and the rite of Holy Matrimony, children and conflict resolution. Married couples from the Paulist Center community and a Paulist priest lead the various sessions.
- Register by calling the Paulist Center at 617-742-4460 and speak to our receptionist. We usually meet our capacity (about 50 couples) each month, so please register ASAP.
- After registering, pay the $195 fee, which can be done online here. On the form please enter your name, your fiancé(e)’s name and the date of the Transformed in Love session you are registered for in the “Additional Instructions” field.
On the form, please enter your name, your fiancé(e)’s name and the date of the Marriage Prep session you are registered for in the field that asks if the donation is “In memory or in honor of” someone.
- February 8-9, 2019
- March 8-9, 2019
- April 12-13, 2019
- May 10-11, 2019
- May 31-June 1, 2019
- July 12-13, 2019
- September 13-14, 2019
- October 11-12, 2019
- November 8-9, 2019
- December 13-14, 2019
Other Marriage Requirements
The program at the Paulist Center is just one of the steps required for marriage in the Catholic Church. Others include:
- The couple must meet with Catholic clergy (priest or deacon) or staff member at their current parish to complete the necessary preparation of the Sacrament of Matrimony. This includes all the necessary paperwork and permissions.
- If the wedding is to be celebrated outside their current (local) parish, they must get permission from their current pastor and confirm the availability of the church where they’d like to be married.
- If either person has been married before (in a Catholic ceremony or not), an annulment may be required.
If you have any questions about our program or preparation for marriage in general you may contact Fr. Chuck Cunniff, CSP.