Marriage and Marriage Prep
Marriage Prep Program
Congratulations on your plans to be married in the Catholic Church!
The Paulist Center is a site for the Archdiocesan program, Transformed in Love. The sessions are being held virtually! Some modifications to the schedule have been made, but the seminar begins on Friday evening and runs from 6:00-8:30pm. It continues the following day from 9:00am- 11:45am and 1-3:30pm. All three units must be taken in the same session. We encourage engaged couples to take this course sooner, rather than later (!) as the information offered is to assist you in making good decisions in preparation for your life together as a married couple.
The program at the Paulist Center is just one part of the process to be married in the eyes of the Catholic Church. Other things you need to be aware of:
- The couple must meet with local/Boston Catholic clergy (priest or deacon) or staff member at their current/Boston parish to complete the necessary preparation of the Sacrament of Matrimony. This will include all the necessary paperwork and permissions.
- If either person has been married before (in a Catholic ceremony or not), you must talk with your local/Boston clergy about the Declaration of Nullity process.
- Register first by calling the Paulist Center at 617-742-4460 to speak to our receptionist. You will be sent an email with registration information.
- After registering, pay the $195 fee, which can be done online here. On the form in the “Additional Instructions” field, please enter your name, your fiancé(e)’s name and the date of the Transformed in Love session you are registered for.
- Please make sure you give us a current mailing address: workbooks are mailed no later than 2 weeks prior to a session.
- August 27 & 28
- October 15 & 16
- November 19 & 20
If you have any questions about our program or preparation for marriage in general you may contact Fr. Chuck Cunniff, CSP.