Marriage and Marriage Prep
Marriage Prep Program
Congratulations on your plans to be married in the Catholic Church!
The Paulist Center is a site for the Archdiocesan program, Transformed in Love. The seminar begins on a Friday evening and runs from 6:00-9:00pm and continues the following day from 9:00am-6:00pm, concluding with the Saturday vigil Mass. Among the topics addressed are marital communication, sexuality and intimacy issues, the sacramental theology and the rite of Holy Matrimony, children and conflict resolution. Married couples from the Paulist Center Community and a Paulist priest lead the various sessions.
The program at the Paulist Center is just one part of the process to be married in the eyes of the Catholic Church. Other things you need to be aware of:
- The couple must meet with local/Boston Catholic clergy (priest or deacon) or staff member at their current/Boston parish to complete the necessary preparation of the Sacrament of Matrimony. This will include all the necessary paperwork and permissions.
- If either person has been married before (in a Catholic ceremony or not), you must talk with your local/Boston clergy about the Declaration of Nullity process.
- Register by calling the Paulist Center at 617-742-4460 and speak to our receptionist. We usually meet our capacity (about 50 couples) each month, so please register ASAP.
- After registering, pay the $195 fee, which can be done online here. On the form please enter your name, your fiancé(e)’s name and the date of the Transformed in Love session you are registered for in the “Additional Instructions” field.
On the form, please enter your name, your fiancé(e)’s name and the date of the Marriage Prep session you are registered for in the field that asks if the donation is “In memory or in honor of” someone.
- July 12-13, 2019
- September 13-14, 2019
- October 11-12, 2019
- November 8-9, 2019
- January 10–11, 2020
- February 7–8, 2020
- March 13–14, 2020
- April (No classes scheduled during Easter)
- May 8–9, 2020
- June 5–6, 2020
- July 10–11, 2020
If you have any questions about our program or preparation for marriage in general you may contact Fr. Chuck Cunniff, CSP.