Who We Are
Not a geographic parish, the Paulist Center Community includes individuals and families, mainly Catholics, from around the greater Boston area (and beyond) who gather with the Paulists to worship. We also collaborate with them in their mission and ministry in church and in our daily lives. We aspire to be a welcoming community, open to all, in the tradition of the Paulists, including those searching for a spiritual home and those alienated from the Catholic Church. We are focused on ministries of hospitality, evangelization, ecumenism, and reconciliation.
The Paulist Center Community seeks to embody the following values:
- Liturgy — We are committed to the Catholic tradition and we celebrate liturgies drawing on the gifts of the community.
- Spirituality — We ground our lives in the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus, the sacraments, and prayer, personal and communal, influenced by Paulist spirituality.
- Inclusivity — We welcome all and embrace people of diverse backgrounds and traditions as well as those who feel disenfranchised by society and Church.
- Social Justice — We embrace the Catholic Social Tradition and commit ourselves to act for justice and peace.
- Outreach — We honor the Paulist charism of evangelization as we work together to initiate, reconcile, unify, and build relationships.
- Collaboration — We live out our common Baptism through working together for the Reign of God.
- Stewardship — We receive God’s gifts gratefully and strive to use them responsibly, generous with our time, talent, and treasure.
- Education — We appreciate our Catholic faith and work to provide ongoing faith formation for all.