Dear Companions on the Journey,
Please prayerfully consider giving to the annual Catholic Appeal: This is Our Church, next Sunday, March 16th – 17th. This will not be a usual “community gift” (5% of our collection; there will be another group who receives that next Sunday), but rather an opportunity for Paulist Center community members to give to this annual appeal from our Archdiocese for many of the Central Services from the Archdiocese. The Catholic Appeal funds, among others, the following (see http://www.bostoncatholicappeal.org for the full list):
- Immigration Services to welcome new members of our community;
- Outreach and Cultural Diversity (including Black Catholic Ministries, Hispanic Apostolate, and Ministry of Persons with Disabilities);
- Pastoral Planning;
- Risk Management Insurance;
- Catholic Schools;
- Faith Formation of Youth & Young Adults;
- Campus Ministry;
- Marriage Ministry;
- Healing Families in Times of Difficulty (Bereavement, Healthcare, Prisons);
- Pro-Life Ministry;
- Promoting a Culture of Life (including Palliative Care);
- Various Central Offices;
- Clergy Personnel;
- And many others… (but NOT financial settlements and counseling/mediation costs for victims of clergy sexual abuse).
What do you think?
And let us pray for/with one another.
The Paulist Center