December 26, 2020
Dear Friends on the Journey,
This is a shortened Missive to make sure you have the links needed until next weekend. In particular, I invite you to join the Pastoral Council-led half-hour prayer on Wednesday evening.
I include here Howard Thurman’s most famous Christmas reflection, so appropriate on the day after Christmas:
When the song of the angels is stilled,
When the star in the sky is gone,
When the kings and princes are home,
When the shepherds are back with their flocks,
The work of Christmas begins:
To find the lost,
To heal the broken,
To feed the hungry,
To release the prisoner,
To rebuild the nations,
To bring peace among brothers [and sisters],
To make music in the heart.
Worshiping In-Person at the Paulist Center Chapel
(imperative if you will be worshiping with us)…
For the Masses on January 2nd and 3rd (Epiphany), please reserve a place for either the 5pm Mass on Saturday or the 10am on Sunday.
How to reserve a place?
Because of New Year’s on Friday, please call the Center (617.742.4460) Monday through Thursday during business hours (10am-5pm). Sal, our receptionist, will take your name and contact information (either email or phone number. We need this information so that we can contact you should we become aware, after the liturgy, of a person with Covid who attended your Mass).
Note Carefully: If you are experiencing ANY symptom that would indicate that you are ill (not just for Covid), please stay home. If in doubt, please stay out! Also, please read carefully the Procedures and watch the video (both links below). Of special note:
- The doors open 10 minutes before the service;
- Please follow the directions of the hospitality ministers when entering, exiting, and at communion;
- Once seated, please stay in that place;
- Since there is no singing, we invite you to hum along with the songs.
1) Here are the expectations and requirements
2) A wonderful YouTube Video Link
If you can assist as a Minister of Hospitality with welcoming, seating, and directing people into and out of the Chapel, we would love to hear from you! If you are not in a vulnerable group with regard to COVID-19 and are willing and able to assist in this very important ministry, please contact Peter Ghiloni at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) For the Feast of Holy Family, December 27th, Live-Streamed Liturgy/Mass from the Chapel, at 10am (available as recording at same link after 11:15am):
Here’s the YouTube Link: https://youtu.be/10Dzk7qGa9o
2) Paulist Center Rosary Circle. 7:30pm every Monday.
Here’s the Zoom Link: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/487503158
Meeting ID: 487 503 158; Passcode: 021078
3) All are welcome to a half-hour prayer gathering with/from the Paulist Center’s Pastoral Council led prayer next Wednesday, December 30th, 7pm.
Here’s the Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/99461922655?pwd=a09PeFVHTHlhb0JndUVRMU1MdTNkQT09
Meeting ID: 994 6192 2655; Passcode: 427305
Ways of Giving:
Our “Community Gift” is the Paulist Center’s tradition of giving away 5% of our weekend offerings, averaged out over the whole year, to a group outside of ourselves. This week, we lift up Mother Caroline Academy and Education Center. This is a private, tuition-free school for girls in grades 5-8 serving girls of all faiths, races, and cultures from Boston neighborhoods. The Academy provides a high-quality education that develops each student’s gifts and prepares her for success in competitive secondary schools and college. Thank you so much!
We are so very grateful for your support during this time of uncertainty and financial peril. Here are two ways to give:
1. To make a one-time or recurring donation using your bank account or credit card, click on the following link:
2. Giving by text: Text a whole dollar donation amount to 844-899-7511; this will be designated as your “Weekend Offering.”
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I conclude now with the Prophet Micah 6:8:
Our Faithful God has told you, O mortal, what is good;
and what does the Lord require of you
but to do justice, to love kindness,
and to walk humbly with your God?
And let us pray for/with one another.
Michael McGarry, C.S.P.
Director, the Paulist Center
Along with Patty, Chuck, Susan, Peter, John, Dorothy, Barbara, Rob, Alvaro, and Sal. Please feel free to call upon your Pastoral Ministers if you wish.
I will be sending out something every Thursday or Friday as the Covid Restrictions continue.