Dear Companions on the Journey,
I like what popular and prolific spiritual writer Joyce Rupp wrote in 2004. For the New Year, she hoped…
- That the single, most significant dimension of life is your relationship with the Source of Goodness who never ceases to sing love songs to your soul
- That you find meaning, purpose, and vitality in what you do daily
- That you treasure your loved ones and let them know how dear they are to you
- That you make choices and decisions that reflect your truest self
- That you look in the mirror at least once a day and smile in happy amazement
- That you remember relationships are what count above all else – more than work or money, or all the material things we spend so much time tending
- That you live in an uncluttered manner, enjoying the freedom to be content
- That you keep your sense of humor when things don’t go the way you want
- That you find adventure in each new day and marvel at the wonders of creation which constantly present themselves to you
- That you never give up on yourself when others turn away or do not understand
- That you are attentive to the health of your body, mind and spirit
- That you take risks and accept the growth-full challenges that come to you
- That you draw on your inner strength and resiliency when you are in need
- That you carry peace within yourself, allowing it to slip into the hearts of others so our planet becomes a place where violence, division, and war are no more.
What do you think?
A most blessed New Year to you and all you love.
Michael McGarry, C.S.P.