February Pastoral Council Update
Our February meeting served as a reminder that, while times are definitely tough in the church these days, there’s a lot of life at the Paulist Center.
First up were Deb Heimel and Rebecca Sheils, previous co-chairs of the Center’s annual auction, now working behind the scenes, happening this year on Saturday, April 27. They reported that they could use some more larger items — anybody got a timeshare or vacation home they’d be willing to offer?
Some other examples of a Center still tickin’:
- The week of prayer for Christian Unity
- The renewal of Paulist Associates
- The vigil at the South Bay House of Corrections
- The evening panel about human trafficking
- Two presentations of “Conversations with My Molester”
- The presentation by Andrew Sullivan
- Ongoing meetings of Catholics Struggling to Stay Catholic
- 11 children preparing for First Communion
- Strong enrollment for Marriage Prep each month
- Early registrations for the May 5 Walk for Hunger
Want to learn more?
Minutes of council meetings are posted to the bulletin board outside the auditorium and are available by request via email.Read More