A PRAYER FOR HEALING VICTIMS OF ABUSERead More
How did this whole “Walk for Hunger” begin?Read More
The 39th anniversary of the martyrdom of Oscar Romero, Archbishop of San SalvadorRead More
From a book of Celtic blessings… and Caring for our Common HomeRead More
Giving to the annual Catholic Appeal: This is Our ChurchRead More
February Pastoral Council Update
Our February meeting served as a reminder that, while times are definitely tough in the church these days, there’s a lot of life at the Paulist Center.
First up were Deb Heimel and Rebecca Sheils, previous co-chairs of the Center’s annual auction, now working behind the scenes, happening this year on Saturday, April 27. They reported that they could use some more larger items — anybody got a timeshare or vacation home they’d be willing to offer?
Some other examples of a Center still tickin’:
- The week of prayer for Christian Unity
- The renewal of Paulist Associates
- The vigil at the South Bay House of Corrections
- The evening panel about human trafficking
- Two presentations of “Conversations with My Molester”
- The presentation by Andrew Sullivan
- Ongoing meetings of Catholics Struggling to Stay Catholic
- 11 children preparing for First Communion
- Strong enrollment for Marriage Prep each month
- Early registrations for the May 5 Walk for Hunger
Want to learn more?
Minutes of council meetings are posted to the bulletin board outside the auditorium and are available by request via email.Read More
January Pastoral Council Update
Immigration Sanctuary Community
The Paulist Center will not itself be providing a sanctuary site for undocumented immigrants, but invites members to volunteer at sites maintained by groups in Newton and Cambridge. To learn more, contact council member Mike Bohen.
Thinking of joining the Pastoral Council?
We have volunteers to fill immediate vacancies, but we’ll have five slots to fill in the spring. If you’ve thought about joining, council chair Maggie Keefe is happy to answer any questions you may have.
Want to learn more?
Minutes of council meetings are posted to the bulletin board outside the auditorium and are available by request via email.